Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tune My Heart

Hello everyone :)

The scripture study list for this week is:
Dec. 6 - hel. 14
Dec. 7 - 3 nephi 1
Dec. 8 - 3 nephi 3
Dec. 9 - 3 nephi 6
Dec. 10 - 3 nephi 8
Dec. 11 - 3 nephi 11


Just some thoughts I had:
This Fast Sunday I was writing down the titles to some of my favorite songs and one I wrote down was "Come Thou Fount". As I continued to write the lyrics to the song "Come, thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing Thy grace" the phrase Tune my Heart really brought me to pondering. What does this phrase call me to do? Tune my heart. I looked the word tune up in the dictionary and these are some of what i found:
1- to adjust for proper functioning;
2- to adjust so as to make it compatible in frequency with a transmitting apparatus whose signals are to be received;
3- to bring (someone or something) into harmony.

How incredible are those statements.

As we continue to dig deeper into these meanings this is what I gathered:
From definition 1 - adjusting for proper functioning... We are the ones who need to change to become one with the proper way of functioning... each of us have our own unique styles and understandings - but the doctrine is the same in all the world - the way you live it shouldn't differ on where you are (I do understand some have to deal with more worldly temptations - but to each is given what the Lord knows they can handle *with His help*).
From definition 2 - Unless we have adjusted ourselves we will not be compatible to receive the promptings of the Holy Ghost. His messages Need to be received, so unless we are in tune with the spirit and make necessary adjustments, our plug to the answers we need may seem muddled and incomprehensible... so possibly - maybe it is the clearing of the frequency that needs to be adjusted.
From definition 3 - HARMONY: a pleasing combination of sounds that are played at the same time; rather than sounds I think the word Actions is applicable. When we are on the road to becoming who our Father and Savior see us becoming - we are also on the road to harmony. What we constantly do, we eventually become.

Tune Your Heart. We all need it. No one is so humble that a little bit of tuning is not necessary...
also!! Merry December :) May we remember that our Savior, the Redeemer of our Souls is the reason we celebrate this season at all. Were it not for him there would not be such a sense of cheer as there is during the holidays. Remember to tune your heart towards Him :) love you all so much!

Love,
Jessica Jenkins

1 comment:

  1. That really is interesting cause I was reading the entry, I was actually thinking about "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing." That song is so powerful in the wonderful meaning that it holds, just like any other hymn if we listen carefully to the words and the lessons that lie within them

    ReplyDelete