Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scripture Study!

Nov 14 read through Alma 31
Nov 15 read through Alma 33
Nov 16 read through Alma 36
Nov 17 read through Alma 37
Nov 18 read through Alma 40
Nov 19 read through Alma 43
Nov 20 read through Alma 44

In Doctrine and Covenants 11:21 it says: "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men."

As Young Ambassadors, we are all striving for the ability to positively influence people's lives through our performances and interactions with them. In this verse, that ability is restated as "the power of God unto the convincing of men." As explained, there are some prerequisites to obtaining that power. One, we must have the spirit. Without the spirit, we will influence no one. Two, To qualify ourselves for the companionship of the Holy Ghost and the accompanying power to change people's lives, we must first study the scriptures. "...FIRST seek to obtain my word, and THEN shall your tongue be loosed; THEN, if you desire, you shall have my spirit..." Only after obtaining his word, will we be endowed with his spirit. Reaching our potential individually and as a group is not only related to, but absolutely dependent on our personal scripture study.

I love you all and personally commit to doing all I can to study the scriptures every day. If we do, I know we will be blessed with an ability beyond our own to positively impact others in all that we do. Have a great week.
- Derek Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment