Monday, November 14, 2011

Testimonials!

Here are a couple of comments we have received about our show:

Hey, Eric!

I just wanted to personally thank you for your performance with Young

Ambassadors at Orem High tonight. Our family really needed some

non-electronic time out together, and your show was exactly what we

needed. I had so much fun observing my youngest son Josh look for you

in every scene. The first time you left the stage, he was a bit

distressed, but I explained to him the need for costume changes and

that you would be back. He spent the rest of the evening pointing out

your position (and its importance) in each number. Thanks for sharing

your amazing talents!

Karen Hansen

- Orem High Performance


I was fortunate enough to be a member of the Young Ambassadors. One of the greatest opportunities that we had and still have is greeting the audiences after performances. I always loved doing this and seeing how the show touched them individually and collectively. One phrase that I would hear on a regular basis was, "You just don't see young people like this in the world anymore." I would always say thanks and kind of not think much more of it. Sadly my time with the YAs has come to an end and I have been living in the same world that our audiences come from. That same world that would prompt people to comment on the strange and unusual goodly nature of the Young Ambassadors. After living and working with worldly people for the past 8 months, I found myself thinking that same exact thing as I watched the show on 11-11-11. "You just don't see young people like this in the world anymore." I realized something in that moment. I realized that 3 years at BYU had made me complacent to the glorious blessing of being able to live around so many good, wholesome people. That hit me like a ton of bricks. I missed the YA BYU atmosphere. I yearned for that blessing that all my friends that I loved so much on the Tuacahn stage might be complacently enjoying and not even realizing. Going to BYU, the Lord's university, is an incredible blessing. It is one of the few places in the world where the majority of people know about the Restoration of the gospel and live their lives based on that knowledge. Being a member of the Young Ambassadors is an incredible opportunity to go into this world and give people hope that goodness and morality are still alive and kicking in our generation. What a wonderful opportunity! Spreading hope and joy through the gospel's light in a world that's starting to run dry on such things. Restoring courage to do what's right. People see you and are influenced by you and think, "If they can do it, so can I!" Well done my friends! If you believe that the things that I have described fall under the umbrella of the YA purpose, then please accept my humble assurance that you were successful on the night of 11-11-11. You touched me and strengthened me as I am sure you did to many others. And for that my friends, I say well done! I love you all so much. Put yourself in my shoes...can you imagine how I felt watching 20 of some of my greatest friends at the same place all at the same time? It was euphoriatic bliss. I love all of you so much. The show was great and you all are great! May the Lord bless you in your future endeavors and important responsibilities. YA 4 LIFE.

Abe Hegewald

-Tuachan Performance


To see our show catch us this weekend as we travel to Page, AZ and Kanab, UT. Both shows will begin at 7:00!



No comments:

Post a Comment